Wedding & Acoustic Music
This is where our mastery of the steel pan really shines. What really sets us apart is that our acoustic steel drum performances for wedding ceremonies stand on their own, as they are quite full and beautiful. This high-level of performance really brings a sense of class to a wedding in the way that other more “traditional” wedding ceremony instruments do (i.e., harp or strings).
Usually, we perform acoustically (no background tracks), with 1-4 musicians. The music can be of the Caribbean or Classical style, or a combination of both. The instrumentation can be all steel drums or steel drums and marimba (warm sounding, wooden mallet instrument); all of our repertoire can be played on either choice of instrumentation. Also, all of our regular repertoire can be performed acoustically for wedding ceremonies. Feel free to contact us for a song list. We always send out a “wedding questionnaire” to the bride and groom, which asks about not only their musical selections, but logistics as well - that way, things run as smoothly as possible the day-of for everyone.
All of the following sounds are acoustic (no amplification, no, backing tracks, no electronics)
With two steel drums:
- Canon in D: a traditional & classical favorite
- Waiting in Vain: a beautiful Marley reggae
- Paradise Garden: a more contemporary calypso
- Here, There & Everywhere: a well-known Beatles song (bird’s-eye-view)
With steel drum and marimba (warm-toned, wooden mallet instrument)
- Bridal Chorus: traditional ceremony music
- I Can’t Help Falling in Love: reggae favorite (does use backing tracks but can easily be performed acoustically)
- Sarah: melody, harmony, and tenor bass steel drums
- Here Comes the Sun & One Love: melody & harmony steel drums & marimba - video features us playing a beach wedding in Santa Barbara for the bride’s processional and recessional. Besides the gorgeous setting, what’s really memorable about this wedding is the timing of the train, which was a funny coincidence.
- Various Bach Chorales
- Bridal Chorus
- Wedding March
- Canon in D
- Ave Maria
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring
- Allegro Maestoso (from “Water Music Suite”)
- March Pontificale
- Ode to Joy
- Rondeau (a.k.a. “Masterpiece Theater” theme)
- Trumpet Voluntary
- Air on the G String
- Simon Tov
- Various themes from Super Mario Bros.
(Please contact us for a full song list)